PRINCESSES IN PARIS

2 February 2016

Since publishing my bucket list a few months ago, I’ve managed to cross two things off my list. The first of these activities took the form of a winter trip to Disneyland Paris with my three best girlfriends to see the Disney magic reach its sparkling peak during the Christmas period.

After a good first night’s sleep at the hotel we set off bright and early to explore the happiest place on earth.

I think it’s fair to say that we were just as excitable as any of the little girls dressed-up in princess paraphernalia also racing towards the park entrance.

We took our time admiring the festive decorations on ‘Main Street USA’.

I even found a shop that was perfect for me!

We couldn’t resist taking a few snaps in front of Sleeping Beauty’s beautiful, pink castle.

However, after a few failed attempts to get on two malfunctioning rides in the main park, we decided it was best to focus our attention on Walt Disney Studios, where the real thrills awaited us.

Crush’s Coaster, Rock N' Roller Coaster and the Ratatouille ride were all favourites, but no ride could surpass Tower of Terror. We ended up re-riding Tower of Terror multiple times; not least so that we could all laugh ourselves silly at the consistently hilarious ride photos displayed at the exit.

Sheer terror.

After getting our adrenaline fixes we headed back to Disneyland in the dark to watch the Disney Dreams parade.

We were slightly disappointed not to have front row spaces for the parade – how inconsiderate of the children who couldn’t see standing behind us – but we soon forgot about our slightly restricted views once the parade started.

The princesses in particular loved being papped.

We finished our evening watching the firework display at the castle, which featured a lot of Frozen themed sparkle.

It’s safe to say, Elsa slayed Let It Go.

We had a magical few days in the parks and all agreed that it was so much fun to see Disney at Christmas time. I felt quite sad to take off my Minnie Mouse ears and put back on my Barista hat to go back to work the day after returning home. I might have to insist that we take a Disney-related detour on my road trip around the States next year… Until then I guess I’ll just have to settle for being a Princess on my home turf!

4 comments

  1. Aw isn't disneyland the best! I visited the park in Orlando last summer and it was magical, glad to see you had such a good time

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best of the best! I must say, Orlando Disney is in a different league though. Even better than France! x

      Delete
  2. It looks so magical! I'm insanely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was seriously affordable as well. If you're UK based, driving is such a cheap option and I think the hotel was only around £30 each for two nights! You should get planning a trip! x

    ReplyDelete