GREENFROG BOTANIC REVIEW

7 February 2016

As I’ve grown older I’ve started to place a lot more significance on the ethos of the brands I choose to purchase. I didn’t understand as a young child why my mother would refuse to buy any Nestlé products for ethical reasons – at the time it was just incredibly annoying that I wasn’t allowed to eat Cookie Crisp cereal for breakfast – but now I can completely see where she was coming from.

Similarly, animal testing is something that I feel very passionately against, so I was delighted to discover a brand that creates beautiful, cruelty-free, organic products. Nick and Julie at Greenfrog Botanic were kind enough to send me a few samples of their botanical soaps to try myself. Their soaps and body washes are made with soapberries, grown sustainably in the Himalayan Mountains. Their range is entirely vegan, vegetarian and paraben free… not to mention each soap smells good enough to eat!

Soapberries are used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat eczema, a skin condition that causes serious discomfort for a great number of people, including my boyfriend Oliver. The moisturising properties of the aloe vera have definitely made a difference to how soft my skin has felt since starting to use the samples and I’d really recommend it for anyone with eczema, sensitive skin or dry skin.

I wouldn’t agree to review anything that I didn’t feel was a quality product but I was very impressed with these guys. It gives me a lot of joy to support small businesses and I’d absolutely purchase these products again. The bottle design, the product quality, and the company’s ethos are all top-notch. What’s not to like?

You can find the products featured in my post on the Greenfrog Botanic shop, or check their list here for local retailers. Until May, the code Lily2016 gets you 20% off all Greenfrog Botanic products.

Hope you like them as much as I do!

4 comments

  1. The brand looks lovely. I follow them on twitter but I've never tried any products before. Away to check out the online shop :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you found what you were looking for! So important to support brands that need the recognition x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this brand, it really makes you think about how the products we use everyday are actually made! x

    www.fatpurplefigbranch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Been becoming more and more important to me as I grow up. I think this is called being a "responsible adult"! x

      Delete