BIRTHDAY BUBBLES

19 October 2015

In the run up to my big trip I’m finding myself becoming more and more attached to London. While I would definitely say I’m excited to set off and see the world, I’m also beginning to realise what I’m leaving behind. In less than three months time I’ll be travelling to the other side of the world, entirely on my own; it’s something that I’ve never done before and it’s starting to feel a bit daunting. Last Saturday really hit this home for me, because it was the day my three best friends and I all reunited to celebrate our lovely Kirsten’s 22nd birthday.

London is the perfect place to celebrate, and as soon as afternoon tea was suggested as a plan for the day I immediately recommended the Reform Social and Grill at The Mandeville Hotel.

After two previous visits Reform Social and Grill has become a firm London favourite, largely because of the long-standing ‘unlimited bubbles’ afternoon tea deal they have running.

I went for the ‘vintage’ afternoon tea (with a little plate of sandwiches) while my friends went for the ‘gentleman’s’ afternoon tea that comes with a few less-traditional savouries.

It was definitely the perfect place to catch up and exchange presents.

The meal starts with a seasonal Bellini, which is included in the overall price of £32.50. After that it’s Prosecco galore! And when they say unlimited, they really do mean it.

After that it was time to get stuck in to the afternoon tea treats.

They even brought out a little extra for the birthday girl!

We all left feeling very merry and our moods improved even more after a spot of Bond Street shopping.

My co-ordinates outfit is from Boohoo, my bag is a classic Michael Kors, heeled Chelsea boots are from New Look at ASOS, and my coat is another New Look steal (although I got that last season so it’s no longer available unfortunately).

After spending more money than we probably should have – and making a quick stop for yet more food – Louisa and I headed off in search of cocktails. We ended up at Skylon, which is on the Southbank in the Royal Festival Hall.

Their cocktails definitely make Skylon another old London favourite. If you’re looking for somewhere special to eat, I’d also recommend Skylon for an amazing dinner. Plus, the view of the Southbank is to die for.

After far too many cocktails we finished off the day by snapping a few photos along the Thames.

Now that’s what I’d call a perfect London day. Happy 22nd Kirsten!

5 comments

  1. I absolutely loved looking at these photos! I'd love to go there, afternoon tea style is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely British tradition! You really can't beat tea, sandwiches and cake x

      Delete
  2. Haven't been to London in years! Looks so beautiful! X

    Harry Styles outfit inspiration and OTRA tour fun over on -
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so lucky to have London on my doorstep, I honestly don't think I could live anywhere else now! x

      Delete